Pozzuoli (NA) U SCUGLION RE GEROLOMINI
- One night in October 1856 in Pozzuoli (Na), following the succession of numerous earthquakes, a huge trachyte stone collapses down from Monte Olibano and ends its run where it meets the sea. Since then it has become a destination and reference point for puteolani, always present from the background in the photos that passersby took on the belvedere. On its top, during the last war the Coastal Defense Command of Naples also built a pitch for automatic weapons. To us climbers instead, returning to today's days, this 12-meter-high boulder has given us the possibility of unexpectedly raising sport climbing routes that are very nice and interesting both from a technical and a physical point of view.
- Section: campania
- Access: Coming from via Bagnoli or via Coroglio, continue towards Via Napoli for about 2 km until you reach the restaurant "la baia di marinella" on the left 100 meters ahead of the restaurant you will find the rock on the left.
- Crag: Pozzuoli (NA) U SCUGLION RE GEROLOMINI
- N. Routes: 9
- Level: 4a+/6c+
- Height: 0 mt.
Exposure: South East and North West
- Gear: All the routes have been opened by Simone Bonaccia with the exception of "Sfidati di me" opened by Sergio Morra.
- Rock: Trachite. A good command of the technique and a lot of trust on the feet are winning cards.
N 40.8202º/E 14.1337º
N 40.8212º/E 14.1347º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: enomistone: 13,
- Update: 07/07/2015
- Reads: 6788