Falesia della Preucia, Gallo Matese (CE)
- The site is located in the western sector of the Matese massif (Campania-Molise border) near the village of Gallo Matese. It is made up of numerous small towers placed on the mountainous slope that makes a background to the north of the town and the lake of Gallo. On the most evident of these towers, some short routes were traced in August-September 2014. also mountaineering or mixed, and the nailing work is still in progress. Given the altitude and exposure, it is a cliff suitable for the late spring-summer-early autumn period. Very solid rock and worked in holes. The base of the turrets is often inclined and therefore attention must be paid to approaching and safe. Nailing: FIX INOX 10 mm. Some simpler ways have trad nailing with hourglass strings. Even on some sport routes there are, on the simplest stretches, hourglass strings.
- Section: campania
- Access: From the entrance of Gallo Matese along the road that connects Miralago and Fontegreca, you enter the village, and at the junction (shop of household goods) take a right without entering the village road that runs along the lake, over the dam, bringing under the mountain side characterized by the slender towers of the Preucia. After passing a house with large blocks in the garden, take the branch on the right (bridge) that goes up to the old mill (about 1.3 km from the entrance of the village, here you can also reach the other way from the entrance of Gallo Matese following the road to Vallelunga and then turning right around the village). Immediately left a branch on the left for a farmhouse, and past a renovated stone house (150 m from the bridge), after a bend on the right, continue in plain for c. 100 m stopping near a fountain on the right (Fontana del Colle, altitude 850 m c.) Before a farmhouse (poor parking, ask permission, generally well received, to the cottage). ACCESS TO THE FALESIA You take the wide path that climbs from the fountain (itinerary 7c of the Map of the Paths of the Matese Regional Park of D'Angerio-Pastore) and, after a few dozen meters, take the mule track to the right (CAI trail) salt in the woods with hairpin bends. Once out of the wood, you continue to zig-zag on the mule track and, once you reach the turrets visible on the left (NO), you leave the third bend (stone man, 500 m from the start). You follow the stone men with an almost horizontal course on more or less marked natural ledges, reaching 100 m after Block A. To move between the various blocks follow rocky or grassy ledges marked by stone men.
- Crag: Falesia della Preucia, Gallo Matese (CE)
- N. Routes: 17
- Level: 3b/6b+
- Height: 720 mt.
Exposure: SO, although some streets are on paretines placed towards S, E and O.
- Gear: Luigi Ferranti, Fausto Porcù, Francesco Sorgente
- Rock: Generally solid limestone towers. Given the recent opening, it is in any case necessary to verify the solidity of the rock.
N 41.4724º/E 14.2357º
N 41.4682º/E 14.2361º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: lferrant: 26,
- Logistic: On an easy path in the initial part, on a slope (good directions) in the final part (see Access)
- Update: 23/02/2015
- Reads: 6409
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: