The birth of this small but interesting site is due to the work and economic commitment of a small group of young people associated with "Vertical Horizons" and subsequently to the new ASD "Molise Adventure". The small jewel, located on the historic path that leads from the town center to the hermitage of S. Egidio, hosts 16 itineraries of difficulty between 4c and 6b, with a maximum height. of 20 m. The cleaning work from the vegetation, the removal and the arrangement at the base of the wall have been long and heavy, but the passion and tenacity have made possible the current fruition: an easily accessible place, with "plaisir" streets, refreshment table and view overlooking the plain of Bojano. Beware of mosquitoes in summer; the rock dries very quickly and it is possible to climb even with light rain on some routes. A special thanks, in addition to the many guys of "Molise Adventure", goes to Massimo Martusciello who coordinated and edited many of the work of accommodation at the base of the wall. http://www.orizzontiverticali.it/images/pdf/donna_mira.pdf
Access: Enter the town of Bojano and head towards the center of the village (Corso dei Pentri); from here follow the road that leads from the village to Civita di Bojano. Overcome the first hairpin turning on the left and, after a few meters, turn right for a steep climb that enters the vegetation. Continue for a few hundred meters and park on the left where the dirt road dies before a hairpin left: do not interfere with access to private property.
- Crag: Donna Mira di Bojano
- N. Routes: 19
- Level: 4b/6b
- Height: 610 mt.
- Gear: Good stainless steel fix 10mm; attention: "Petzl maneuver" on most of the stops.
- Rock: The rock is a conglomerate of good compactness, very worked, which offers the possibility, to anyone, to climb with satisfaction even on slight overhangs. Recommended helmet.
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers:
- Biblio: Http://www.orizzontiverticali.it/images/pdf/donna_mira.pdf
Add Links from Web
- Logistic: Road, driveway with small terminal maneuvering space, footpath (5 min.)
- Update: 21/03/2014
- Reads: 18391
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: