Carega del Diavolo
- With the toponym "Carega del Diavolo" or "Prialonga" the local population identifies the big stone that rises up in the Rameston Valley. Ancient pagan altar, as some studies show, Carega hides myths and legends that are lost in time. Dal Diavolo, head of a tribe of witches, who sat on the stone, to the most common Anguans, who spread their clothes to dry from one side of the valley to the other. In addition to the mystery, the place was also surrounded by dense vegetation that hid its climbing potential. Since 2012, a major cleaning and scrapping has been carried out which has allowed the opening of more than 20 itineraries (difficulty 5b-7a). On some of them it has been necessary to improve or excavate the outlets to keep the lines on the rock more firmly.
- Section: veneto
- Access: From Marostica take the provincial road towards Santa Caterina-Asiago. Go past the village of Crosara and continue a couple of kilometers. Park the car on the right, between the hairpin n.7 and the n.8, at a former small quarry. Walk a hundred meters until you reach a curve, easily identifiable by a wall on the left of the road. Descend along the steep path until you reach the fixed ropes, from which you can clearly see the "Alto delle Anguane" sector (5 minutes). Going further you will reach the "Carega del Diavolo" sector, divided into two parts connected by a protected ledge with a steel cable (10 minutes). The Carega sector can also be reached from the bottom by taking the left side, after the center of Crosara, Via Foggiati. Follow it to the valley until you come to a bend near which you park. Follow the signs to the Rameston Valley (15m).
- Crag: Carega del Diavolo
- N. Routes: 28
- Level: 5b/6c+
- Height: 420 mt.
Exposure: Mainly south so as to favor climbing even in the winter months.
- Gear: All the ways are nailed with stainless steel fix of 10.
- Rock: Climbing on gray limestone is of movement, mainly on plaque and finger cracks.
N 45.7798º/E 11.6010º
N 45.7795º/E 11.6038º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: teospeleo: 63, emaborsa: 30,
- Logistic: Given the slope of the connecting path between the two sectors, fixed ropes have been positioned.
- Update: 18/02/2018
- Reads: 18326