- Crag of Carate Urio. Courtesy - Teo Maternini (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Section: lombardia
- Access: From Como follow the Regina state road towards Menaggio, for about 10 Km. At the Carate Urio indication, park under a little church, near a hairpin bend. From here a stone staircase leads above the aforementioned church, along the cemetery, signs FALESIA. Follow for Somaina, a small cluster of old stone houses, and after about 30 meters. turn right to a well marked path, indications. After the light poles, deviation to the left and past two small ridges, fixed ropes, you get to the cliff. 15 minutes from the car.
- Crag: Carate Urio
- N. Routes: 107
- Level: 5a/8a
- Height: 210 mt.
Exposure: Ideal in the summer in the late afternoon, the winter and the middle seasons are ideal. It climbs even after heavy rains, maybe not on all the pitches but a good 40% is dry.
- Gear: Excellent on all shots with 10 mm fix, chains at stops and relative lowering carabiners. After the initial discovery by Fabrizio Moroni, who is responsible for the first 17 pitches. Afterwards the crag is developed, up to 106 times today, by Gino Notari and Matteo Maternini, thanks also to the material offered to them by the company LONGONI SPORT of Barzanè.
N 45.8754º/E 9.1210º
N 45.8714º/E 9.1204º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: Michele67: 106, moonwalker: 77, Climb0n3: 6, fred_von_alpen: 1, iltrex: 1, Shiver68: 1, overhang: 1,
- Biblio: Courtesy - Teo Maternini (email@example.com)
Add Links from Web
- Update: 30/06/2013
- Reads: 47974
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them:
There are no yet video linked. Add one!:
|1||le Viele Vie||107||5a/8a|