- The long wall of Mount Consolino was stormed during the Calabria Rock 2006 that saw a group of local climbers, Romans, Pugs and more + on tracing a fortnight of itnerari and 2 streets of more lengths. Among others, we mention Bruno Vitale and Luigi Filocamo, promoters of the initiative. the rock in general is a limestone worked with notches and drops but for the future a beautiful wall overhanging reeds with various shapes will surely reserve pleasant surprises.
- Section: calabria
- Access: Stilo can be reached in 2 ways from the A3 motorway: - Exit at Lamezia and along the SS280 for Catanzaro until reaching the Ionian coast; from here follow the SS 106 towards Reggio Calabria up to Monasterace and then turn towards Stilo. - Exit at Rosarno and take the Jonio-Tirreno SGC to Marina di Gioiosa Ionica, from here take the SS 106 towards Catanzaro up to Monastrace and then turn towards Stilo. From Stilo follow the signs to the cemetery, then to the right of the entrance of the cemetery take a steep cobblestone road (if it is closed to cars leave the car in the cemetery car park and continue on foot) that goes up with some hairpin bends of the Norman castle. Park the car at the fifth bend (to the right) where you have 4/5 parking spaces available. From here, a slight descent leads to the Falesia Gaia in 3 minutes. The well-visible Grotto can be reached in the middle of the path and climbing directly into the woods. If you go up by foot from the cemetery you can cut through the woods with an easy path (after the third bend, after about 150 meters, an obvious uphill path flanked by a stone wall leads to the gay sector in 10 minutes). For the other sectors, continue for traces in the direction of the large wall and then skirt the wall.
- Crag: Stilo
- N. Routes: 57
- Level: 4a/9a
- Height: 386 mt.
Exposure: South-East The good news is that in June all the walls go completely into shadow at around 3pm, the temperature is pleasant and you can climb easily without cooking. The Gaia sector is in the shade all day.
- Gear: Bruno Vitale Luigi Filocamo Paolo Bongianni Bruno Moretti Rosario Cammara Riccardo Forty Graziano Montel Luca Maspes Massimo Faletti Andrea Gallo Salvatore Folinazzo Sergio Soraci
- Rock: Limestone of excellent quality
N 38.4765º/E 16.4605º
N 38.4746º/E 16.4620º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: kluge: 114, crisnapo: 30, Climb0n3: 1,
- Logistic: To sleep: Bed and Breakfast - Casa Mesiti (historic center of Stilo) Tel: 3470078540 Email: email@example.com Riace Village, apartments (www.cittafuturariace.it/it/contatti.html) To eat: Pizzeria - Rosticceria Da Mario , at the entrance of Stilo, Via Guglielmo Marconi 43 (tel .: 0964775219, aziende.virgilio.it/pizzeria-ristorante-da-mario).
- Update: 10/11/2013
- Reads: 20109