Gaeta - Spiaggia dell Arenauta
- Beautiful cliff near the sea. The Grottone is particularly important where very hard grades can be tackled. An agreement was signed with the Park Authority to update the restraining rules that forbade climbing throughout Gaeta to preserve the natural ecosystem, including the cliffs of S.Agostino and the Arenuta beach. The agreement was signed in 2009 between the CAI, the Alpine Guides, the Park Authority and the Region. After that agreement the panels in the park were changed, which warned of bans. Unfortunately, the panels have been vandalized and destroyed over the years. The panel in PDF format is attached to the Crag report: Panel bans Climbing Gaeta 2008
- Section: lazio
- Access: From Guido the Mozzarellaro, follow the Via Flacca in the direction of Gaeta for 3.7 km. At Km 24.500 there is a sign with the inscription Ultima Spiaggia, you leave the car in a pitch. You walk a few meters to a small gate where begins a long staircase that goes down to the beach. At this point, if you go right you reach the walls of the Approdo dei Proci after a few hundred meters, turning instead from the stairs to the left, after 50 meters you find the entrance to the cave hidden by a dune.
- Crag: Gaeta - Spiaggia dell Arenauta
- N. Routes: 79
- Level: 4b/9a
- Height: 0 mt.
- Gear: High quality limestone plates
- Rock: The rock is composed mostly of limestone plates of excellent quality. the streets are mainly of plaque except the Grotto dell'Areonauta where there are above all precipices.
N 41.2209º/E 13.5287º
N 41.2219º/E 13.5297º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: Riecon: 101, sezzaman: 12, lennyp: 7, Climb0n3: 2, --ciccio--: 1,
- Update: 23/12/2017
- Reads: 93881
Panoramica dall'interno della grotta