Montebello di Bertona
- Montebello di Bertona is located in a central point of the hinterland of Pescara, closely connected to other municipalities of the Montana Vestina community. The location is convenient being located about 30 minutes from the sea and only 15 from the mountain, also part of the National Park of Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga. Montebello di Bertona knows more about prehistory than history. In fact, the existence, in its territory, of human settlements dating back to the Paleolithic period is well known and well documented. In the mountains of Montebellesi, elements of interest have been found to induce scholars to recognize, in relation to the Upper Paleolithic, a Bertonian culture.
- Section: abruzzo
- Access: You get to Montebello di Bertona with a 40-minute drive from the Pescara Nord motorway exits. Città Sant 'Angelo (A14) - Chieti (A24) - Pescara Ovest (A14). Following the signs for SS 81 towards Penne you will find signs for Montebello di B.na. Arrived at the crossroads in the center of the village, at a distance of 200 meters in Vestea direrione you will find, near the municipal cemetery, an uphill road that leads you to the climbing areas that are very close to the road.
- Crag: Montebello di Bertona
- N. Routes: 39
- Level: 5a/8b
- Height: 925 mt.
- Gear: Recently rebuilt with taps and resin chains
N 42.4065º/E 13.8574º
N 42.4068º/E 13.8572º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: MaratonaVerticaLe: 75, gianlucadandrea: 1, mariorossi2: 1,
- Biblio: The sector is reported in the "ANTEIOS" guide
Add Links from Web
- Logistic: You can contact us for any information or report to: Associazione Culturale Montanari Bertoniani; Email: email@example.com. Possibility of overnight stay at the base of the walls in "STINZIA BERTONIANA" or tent.
Accomodation: "Ocre Chalet" Feel the essence of a natural holiday. The Chalet (ECOLEADER certificated) is located on the slopes of Monte Ocre near San Felice, not far from the city of L'Aquila (10km), and at 18km from the ski resort of "Altopiano delle Rocche" and 20 km from the "Funivia del Gran Sasso". It's a wooden structure (blockhouse type - see photo gallery) and through the application of modern concepts of green building makes anti-sismic and an Energetic Class A building.
Tel.: +39 0862 751045
Mob.: +39 340 7894800
- Update: 14/07/2017
- Reads: 37123
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: