- The cliff (near a quarry) is immersed in the countryside of the municipality of Oratino. A small strip of forest separates it from the street and its noises, allowing climbers a fair privacy. It was the second Molisana crag to be born, after that of Colle dell'Orso: its proximity to Campobasso and its good exposure make it a very popular place, especially in the cold months. '' Source and more info: Vertical Horizons
- Section: molise
- Access: From Campobasso follow the signs for Oratino, arrived at the junction for the town that is 5.9 km from the outskirts of the center of Campobasso, turn left following the signs for "fondovalle Biferno". Then continue for about 3.7 km. up to a sign on the left, with the inscription "vendesi miele". You then reach the parking lot after a bend and just before an abandoned quarry, characterized by a high gray plate. Approach the car on the left and in the cross following the one of the sign, continue on foot along the main road for about 2 minutes until the beginning, on the right, of a thin strip of forest, at the beginning of which is located the entry to the cliff It is recognized by a narrow but marked path. For those coming from the bottom of the Biferno, traveling towards Bojano towards Termoli, exit at the junction for Oratino-Castropignano and keeping to the right (signs for Oratino-Campobasso) go up for 4 km. Do not deviate to the relief, which you see on the left, with the fortification at the top: it is not that the cliff!
- Crag: Casale
- N. Routes: 24
- Level: 4c/7a
- Height: 650 mt.
Exposure: The wall is exposed to the sun for most of the day, so the recommended period is definitely autumn and winter. Beware of mosquitoes in the hot period.
- Gear: The nailing is good at 10mm fix. 'The cliff was discovered and valued initially by Riccardo Quaranta, with the help of Toni Evangelista. Some itineraries have been traced by Sergio Tomaro.
- Rock: Limestone of discreet compactness, from the most diverse morphologies: drops, holes, notches, svasi. 'Climbing style is different in the two sectors: athletic on vertical plates or jutting out in the sector "Horizons Lost", much more technical and supported in the "Hives" sector
N 41.5812º/E 14.5786º
N 0.0000º/E 0.0000º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers:
- Biblio: Source and more info: Vertical Horizons
Add Links from Web
- Update: 30/06/2013
- Reads: 18624
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: