- The cliff of Ponte S. Quirino develops, individually, downwards: in the gorge carved by the Natisone river. ' Of remarkable beauty (probably one of the 7 wonders of Friuli) the environment that welcomes the efforts of the Climber, when you walk those few meters down, you instantly forget traffic, frenzy and wear, which run a few centimeters above the stopping chains . A very wild environment that deserves the utmost respect from all visitors. 'The climbers will face the roads along both banks of the river, the cliff, therefore, is divided into different sectors. On the right orographic are the Simple area and Farm, while on the left orographic areas are the Magnetic Storm, Big Area, Caterpillar, New sector. It can be said that the right sectors are on average simpler, while those of the left are certainly more difficult with a max 8a degree.
- Section: friuli-v.g.
- Access: Coming from the highway (A23) exit UDINE SUD, take the road that leads Cividale. From the town of Cividale (which is worth a visit) continue towards the border with Slovenia along the SS54. Following the SS54 you arrive in the small village of Ponte San Quirino. 'If your goal is the right bank and more obvious at the fork before the bridge take a road on the left towards Vernasso, 100 - 150 m after you can park near a tennis court, attention the property is private even if the playing field is poorly attended, alternatively you can park a few meters ahead on the roadside, here begins a country road that later turning into a path leads you to the goal. ' If your goal is instead the bank with the hardest sectors to the bridge continue towards San Pietro al Natisone, park on the square and continue walking along the roadside, doing so will first meet the path leading to the New Sector and a hundred meters after the path leading to the Magnetic Storm, Big Area, Caterpillar sectors. ' If the water level allows it (this happens often) it is possible to wade the river or if you want to remain completely dry you can try to cross the stone by jumping stone.
- Crag: Ponte S.Quirino
- N. Routes: 67
- Level: 4b/8a
- Height: 200 mt.
Exposure: East West. 'In this crag you can climb almost the whole year just play the sun factor in your favor. You can also climb in the case of light rain, but the crag remains wet after a period of 'monsoon rains' that often show themselves in Friuli.
- Gear: The nailing is excellent and short with resinated taps, and chains with carabiner at the stops (some reserve only on these, some carabiners deserve the replacement). ' 'Streets length from 8 to 22 m
- Rock: Calcareous conglomerate, usually overhanging or very overhanging, with good grips.
N 46.1132º/E 13.4768º
N 0.0000º/E 0.0000º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers:
- Biblio: - Climbing in Friuli, Ingo Neumann, ed. Eigenverlag '- the crag on planetmountain.com :' - the crag on webandana.com , partial report on the crag:
Add Links from Web
- Logistic: Even if it happens rarely to be careful in case of storms because the river can be subject to sudden floods - In summer do not forget the swimsuit (but beware of the eddies) - Use this cliff environmentally. Do not leave garbage.
- Update: 30/06/2013
- Reads: 23732
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: