- The Cornagera has always represented the climbing gym of the Bergamo area. It is a very suggestive environment made up of canyons and labyrinths enclosed by vertical rocky walls that make it a miniature canyon easily reachable all year round.
- Section: lombardia
- Access: For those coming from Bergamo go up the Val Seriana up to Nembro (km 9), in whose center you turn to Selvino. Cross the latter and arrive at Aviatico (13 km). Aviatico is also reachable from Gazzaniga and Valle Brembana (Zogno). There are several roads to reach the foot of the towers of the Cornagera: A) Parked the car in the Town Hall Square (1023 m), at the junction for Ganda, Orezzo and Gazzaniga, climb along the path (CAI sign No. 537) which starts on the right of the municipal building. After a steep first section, immersed in a dense forest, go up to the right to a ruined baitello, for a less steep trail you reach the feet of the scree that lie at the foot of the towers, go up to the right until the base of the walls (1273 m). Journey time is 30 minutes. B) Continue by car towards Ganda, Orezzo, past the hamlet of Amora, at the junction leading to Ganda (1060 m), park the car and take the steep concrete road (CAI sign No. 521), which leads to the astronomical observatory. Continue along the road, which just bends to the left, up to a hairpin bend, where the path separates, crossing a wide pasture ridge, reaches the ridge in view of the towers. After a short stretch halfway up the hill you reach the walls (1273 m), where you cross the other access route. Journey time is 30 minutes. C) Just beyond the junction of the Town Hall you can park near the departure station of the lifts of Monte Poieto, reached the summit with the help of the cableway you can go down in the direction of the towers, along two separate paths the first along a panoramic ridge and the second through the suggestive labyrinths. 1. From the arrival station reach the Cappelletta located on the summit of Monte Poieto (1360 m, a splendid 360 ° panorama on all the Orobie and the Alps, from Monte Rosa, to Monviso, up to the Apennines. up to the crossing point of the two previous itineraries The journey time is 15 minutes 2. From the arrival station, go down for a stretch along the ski slopes, until at a curve to the right, take the path (CAI signs) n ° 537) that goes into the labyrinths, where we follow the characteristic 'bus dela Carolina', continue towards the south over the deviation that goes up to Monte Cornagera (CAI sign n. 521), until reaching a saddle located north of the towers: travel time is 20 minutes.
- Crag: Cornagera
- N. Routes: 49
- Level: 2b/6c+
- Height: 1300 mt.
Exposure: It climbs all year round except for the colder months.
- Gear: Good fixation nailing. Some nail on some historical streets.
- Rock: Limestone white with cleats. Climbing on plaque we go from the support to small bombé.
N 45.7984º/E 9.7726º
N 45.7994º/E 9.7736º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: lennyp: 1,
- Update: 26/04/2017
- Reads: 44122
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: