- Recent crag and first climbing wall for sports climbing in Calabria, was born by the will of the town of Frascineto-Eianina and the help of Uisp that with a twinning with the section of Catania allowed the equipment of about twenty routes. At the moment this first work was limited to exploiting the small foreplay of the immense Timpone di Crivo but the potential for high difficulties is not lacking. The crag is located inside the "Pollino National Park" in the Municipality of Frascineto (CS).
- Section: calabria
- Access: Eianina is reached by the SS 106 ionica taking the junction for Castrovillari or simply from the A3 motorway exit Frascineto. As soon as you enter the village turn left at a bowling alley and go up the concrete road to a clearing. Continue, then along the dirt road that climbs up to the reservoir, where above is the first sector (LEONI DI MONTAGNA), to the left of which there is a mule track that connects the various sectors ...
- Crag: Frascineto Eianina
- N. Routes: 55
- Level: 4c/7c
- Height: 500 mt.
Exposure: The cliff in general is moving south even if the sectors vary their exposure from east to west. Attention in the summer
- Gear: The various sectors present difficulties ranging from medium to low to medium, accessible even to less experienced climbers, making up for this an excellent gym for the first approach to sport climbing. 'In addition to the routes already equipped, the Frascineto-Ejanina crag presents, due to its vastness, an excellent natural crag with different climbs (Timpone del Corvo) and many other sectors that can be equipped.
- Rock: The rock is a limestone worked that varies depending on the exposure and the structure, slabs leaning over notches and beautiful reeds.
N 39.8355º/E 16.2623º
N 39.8365º/E 16.2633º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: Geko2034: 1,
- Biblio: Useful numbers: 'Salvatore Franco: 3409241485' Salvatore Camodeca: 3281385325 'Imma Camodeca: 3466213217
Add Links from Web
- Logistic: - Pharmacy: Via P. Giovanni XXIII, Tel 0981 32554 '- Carabinieri: Tel. 0981 21045' - Where to stay: Affittacamere Il Quadrifoglio, svinc. Via Arcuri 8, Tel. 0981 32545 '- Where to eat: Pollino Restaurant, Via Roma, Tel 0981 32095
- Update: 27/12/2014
- Reads: 32472
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: