Rignano Garganico - Palombaio
- This beautiful cliff is located under the village of Rignano Garganico that rises up in the mountains of the Gargano and slowly descends towards the sea. On the ridge among the green woods you can see small walls that line the road that leads to the village and a series of small slits a little further. Among these are large walls that often enclose caves, small and large, once shelter for our ancestors (Grotta Paglicci). Climbing activities in the Palombara Valley (Palombaio), in the municipality of Rignano Garganico, are allowed only with the authorization issued by the Gargano National Park Authority (https://goo.gl/Y1xdoH). The exercise of climbing in the absence of authorization or in discrepancy from it is punished with the administrative penalty. The authorization must be requested from the Park Authority by 30 September of each calendar year and is valid for the following calendar year. The application form for authorization request can be downloaded at the following link: https://goo.gl/EiyJai Furthermore, according to the regulations, it is strictly forbidden: to write, to report on the rock walls or to signal the slopes, as well as to damage or alter the habitat and the state of the places, leave rubbish, ropes, chains, plates or other supports, metallic or not, that are visible on the wall, with the exception of the nails strictly necessary to the runway.
- Section: puglia
- Access: From Foggia take the SS89 to Manfredonia and, after passing the Q8 petrol station, turn right to S. Marco in Lamis. After crossing the Arpinova village, take the road for a few kilometers until you find yourself at an intersection immediately after passing a bridge; from here turn left towards Rignano Garganico and, after passing a farm on the right, turn right into the small road adjacent four wind turbines. Park the car on the right where the road widens slightly, immediately after a bar and walk the path that starts from the latter. The path runs along the adjacent vineyard and goes down the valley gorge and then goes up again (about 20 minutes from the parking lot).
- Crag: Rignano Garganico - Palombaio
- N. Routes: 48
- Level: 5a/8a+
- Height: 110 mt.
Exposure: The cliff is suitable for mild temperatures. In summer it is advisable to climb in moments of less heat: in the morning from dawn to about 12 (until the sun rises on the wall), in the afternoon from 6 pm until sunset.
- Gear: Excellent and quite close to spit, recently replaced as well as chains, where there is always a carabiner.
- Rock: Limestone rock.
N 41.6514º/E 15.6214º
N 41.6490º/E 15.6145º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: xihgx: 118, Climb0n3: 8, Jamal: 7, dariosic: 3, megatrex: 3, Tabs: 2,
Add Links from Web
- Logistic: It is strictly forbidden to park the car in the ground (privately owned) if the bar is open. Also avoid parking the car ahead, at a green gate or lighting fires once at a crag, which is in a protected area.
- Update: 10/01/2018
- Reads: 49839
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: