- The Pietrasecca gym is located near Carsoli. It consists of two distant sections about a KM: the "Vena viva" and the "Vena Cionca". Updates, detailed information, and the activities of the Yama group can be found on the website www.yama.it which we thank for allowing us to publish this material.
- Section: abruzzo
- Access: Take the Rome-L'Aquila and exit for Carsoli and then follow in the direction of Pietrasecca, a fraction of Carsoli, on the Tiburtina quater. Just before the village of Pietrasecca the first sector is visible very close to the road, following the classic sector with parking before the bridge that crosses the highway.
- Crag: Pietrasecca
- N. Routes: 79
- Level: 4b/8c
- Height: 820 mt.
Exposure: East, south-east, south
- Gear: 1980s: Andrea Di Bari and Facchini. In the early 90 'after a period of neglect it is completely respected by the mountain guide A. Cittadini who together with the association YAMA (Ulisse, Carlo and Marco), Riccardo and other climbers from Carsoli of the "Vena Viva" Association create new itineraries of which some of low level that will allow even beginners to approach the "fearsome" walls of Pietrasecca.
- Rock: Very compact limestone.
N 42.1336º/E 13.1234º
N 42.1329º/E 13.1233º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: Buzz: 61, citago: 7, lennyp: 1, Giacy: 1, mregazzi: 1,
- Biblio: www.yama.it
Add Links from Web
Accomodation: "Ocre Chalet" Feel the essence of a natural holiday. The Chalet (ECOLEADER certificated) is located on the slopes of Monte Ocre near San Felice, not far from the city of L'Aquila (10km), and at 18km from the ski resort of "Altopiano delle Rocche" and 20 km from the "Funivia del Gran Sasso". It's a wooden structure (blockhouse type - see photo gallery) and through the application of modern concepts of green building makes anti-sismic and an Energetic Class A building.
Tel.: +39 0862 751045
Mob.: +39 340 7894800
- Update: 16/02/2015
- Reads: 60737
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: