Falesia del Lago di S.Anna di Vinadio
- The cliff of Lake of Sant'Anna is located in the Upper Vallone di Sant'Anna di Vinadio in the Stura Valley, surrounded by a beautiful natural environment, surrounded by a broad crown of alpine peaks. In fact, after the village of Vinadio famous for its grandiose Albertine fortifications, the Vallone di Sant'Anna opens on the left and the road climbs up to an altitude of 2035 meters, where the magnificent Santuario di Sant'Anna stands out. primate of being the highest sanctuary in Europe. Taking the road on the left (following the indication Apparizione) you arrive near a fountain and a statue placed on a large rock in memory of the apparition of Saint Anne to a shepherdess. From here a nice path climbs towards the Sant'Anna lakes and the Passo Tesina and during my many excursions in total tranquility, to discover new corners to explore, and in search of small, deep-colored gentians or thick rhododendrons, and of fearful chamois or majestic griffins to be immortalized on the film, I noticed a magnificent rock wall placed at over 2200 meters, in an enviable place, right in front of the Grande Lake of Sant'Anna.
- Section: piemonte
- Access: From Cuneo continue towards Valle Stura di Demonte (Statale 21 of Colle della Maddalena), past the village of Vinadio turn left towards the Sanctuary of S. Anna and the Colle della Lombarda. Leave the Lombarda valley on the left and continue towards the Sanctuary, from there reach the Scoglio dell'Apparizione (1km) and park in the unpaved square. Continue on foot towards Passo Tesina, get to the third lake, pass it (on the right) and cut left into the meadow, 30min from the square. (The cliff is already visible from the second lake).
- Crag: Falesia del Lago di S.Anna di Vinadio
- N. Routes: 24
- Level: 3a/6b
- Height: 2220 mt.
- Gear: The routes have been equipped by De Franco Giuseppe & Milano Bruno with a 10mm stainless steel Fixing, excellent riveting and never dangerous on all the pitches. Stops with Raumer chain.
- Rock: The rock is a good quality gneiss in all shoots.
N 44.2289º/E 7.0969º
N 44.2273º/E 7.1066º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: Beppe1978: 32,
- Update: 25/05/2018
- Reads: 3682