Falesia Croci di Calenzano
- Crag of very local character but with some particular peculiarities that make it worthy of note. Its most salient prerogative is that of being a place where you can practice climbing in adherence and micro-support. It is definitely a cliff that does not have great potential but could offer the chance to try its hand in an obsolete climbing style but very useful from an educational point of view.
- Section: toscana
- Access: The wall is located near the town of Croci di Calenzano. Whether you come from the North or the South, the most comfortable exit is Barberino del Mugello. After the village of Croci di Calenzano, continue on the SP 8 up to a curve near the restaurants La Selva and Gennaro. The change in mobility leaves ample parking space in front of and alongside the premises (closed-end road). To go up to the plates you must pass the gate on the private property where the cliff rises. DO NOT enter the car even if the gate is open and DO NOT force the chain that closes the access to the dirt road that leads under the walls. After the chain you walk on the road passing an abandoned house (left) until you get, in a few minutes, on the floor below the rocky structure (5 minutes from cars).
- Crag: Falesia Croci di Calenzano
- N. Routes: 4
- Level: 4a/4c+
- Height: 210 mt.
Exposure: The plates have a South-East exposure.
- Gear: The nailing is quite heterogeneous, but in line with the style. Surely, a complete rehabilitation would certainly not hurt even if the place can never be very popular.
- Rock: The walls that make up the outcrop are not all climbable as they do not all belong to the same lithotype. The left area is marly and therefore too friable. The central area and some outcrops belonging to the same layer are layers of little cohesive limestone that allow climbing. Attention, in some cases, collapses coming from the marl zones placed at the top are quite unstable.
N 43.9246º/E 11.2101º
N 43.9240º/E 11.2091º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: NONNOMERDO: 9,
- Biblio: The only web source was found at the following link: http://www.trekkingapiedi.it/Falesie/FalCrociPopUp.htm
Add Links from Web
- Logistic: The pitch is located inside a private property that proves tolerant only if you respect the parking outside the gate and the good education in the passage. Access is really minimal so it is not worth doing the stunt to get under the walls in the car.
- Update: 09/05/2017
- Reads: 3034
Lato destro del settore.