- Beautiful cliff immersed in nature among a rich vegetation that protects it during the hottest periods of summer. beautiful summer crag with shots ranging from 4a to 7b. present many Sectors. we are on average Vallecamonica in the Adamello Massif, inside the Natural Reserve of the Rock Engravings of Ceto-Cimbergo-Paspardo, dominated by Pizzo Badile Camuno on one side and the Concarena on the other. The cliff and the blocks are immersed in a beautiful chestnut wood, where after about 5 minutes walk from the parking lot you find yourself in a quiet and relaxed environment. Type of climbing: The rock is Lombard Verrucano (very compact sandstone) and climbing style is multiple, ranging from plates with small notches on quartz to the cliffs with large sockets, in short, a mix that satisfies everyone. Important notes: The climbing site being inserted in a very sensitive environmental and historical context, requires from everyone the maximum respect of the rules of good behavior to maintain a good balance of coexistence between climbers and the park management.
- Section: lombardia
- Access: Access: From the SS42 state road follow the signs for Edolo-passo del Tonale, take the exit for Cimbergo-Paspardo-Reserve Engravings Rupestri then follow the signs for the village of Cimbergo, just at the beginning of the village on the right there is a large parking, where we recommend leaving the car. On the opposite side of the road there is the entrance to the reserve. Follow the easy trail for about 10 minutes, slightly downhill until you reach the park guesthouse. The upper sector remains on the left clearly visible from the path and the lower one on the right behind the guest house. The path in the woods is convenient but not recommended for strollers.
- Crag: Cimbergo
- N. Routes: 0
- Height: 590 mt.
Exposure: west but very cool in summer
- Gear: excellent nailing
- Rock: Lombard verrucan
N 46.0149º/E 10.3579º
N 46.0147º/E 10.3590º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: PANINO: 5, Climb0n3: 1,
- Biblio: History: The climbing area of Cimbergo was first developed in the 90s with the nailing of a sector of difficult itineraries and grades but characterized by a particular technical style that was absolutely new in the valley at the time. A few years ago the high sector of Cimbergo was born, which today has about 50 climbing routes from 5b to 8c +. The most demanding itineraries were freed by Adam Ondra and then repeated by the very strong local Berni Rivadossi (see video). Parallel to the sport climbing in 2009 the boulder was developed with the cleaning of the first blocks, and after 5 years now they are almost 70 stones with about 250 passages around. The "Boulder of Pitoti" festival (link) organized by the very active Graffiti Climbers association has been held on these boulders for a couple of years. Climbing in Cimbergo is definitely an experience that leaves its mark, try it!
Add Links from Web
- Logistic: Logistics: • "The Painter's Hostel" located in Paspardo for refreshment and overnight stay, managed by his friend Claudio is certainly a good compromise, offers excellent pizza, dishes Camuni and possibility to stay overnight with a discount and eye for the climbers in a brand new structure; • "B & B il Castello" of the Fam. Polonioli located in Cimbergo where you can take advantage of bed and breakfast always at fair prices; • The three Foresterie inside the Reserve of the Park just below the cliffs, available all year round, for rental rates look for the references directly on the site of the Reserve; • "Agriturismo San Faustino" to taste excellent typical dishes made with local raw materials recommended also in Ceto, on the way down from the cliff before taking the SS42.
- Update: 23/02/2018
- Reads: 4896
There are no yet video linked. Add one!: