Urbe - Pilastrino delle Coccinelle
- The small structure, which aims to promote the activity of sport climbing in the Upper Valley of the Orba, was equipped on the initiative of Enrico Ferraro, in agreement with the Municipality of Urbe and thanks to the contribution of the Tarozzi group. At the base of the pillar, 5 short single pitches on serpentinite equipped with stainless steel bolts, characterized by climbing on a vertical slab and slightly overhanging. Stops with chain and ring to lower, mostly on the single movement. Despite the work of loathing and cleaning prior to nailing, given the virginity of the site as a climbing gym, the use of the helmet is (as it should always be) mandatory.
- Section: liguria
- Access: Leave the vehicle in the dirt area near the dell'Antenna dam, cross the road (being careful as you are in the middle of the curve!) Heading towards the small river, often dry, which descends from Bric del Sozzo in the direction of the artificial lake (ometti). Go up the first few meters some unstable boulders, bend immediately on the orographic right looking for the red trail signpost full on the trees. Following the trail through the forest, in 5 minutes you reach the back of the structure. Carefully descend on grass and debris for a few meters and then go up some easy rocks to reach the base of the shoots.
- Crag: Urbe - Pilastrino delle Coccinelle
- N. Routes: 5
- Level: 5a/6c
- Height: 610 mt.
Exposure: South / East - South - South / West
- Gear: Enrico Ferraro, fall / winter 2015-16
- Rock: Eclogite / Serpentinite
N 44.4818º/E 8.5982º
N 44.4825º/E 8.5952º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: EnRi978: 27,
- Logistic: Signpost red stamp.
- Update: 15/12/2016
- Reads: 4489
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: