- The Civate cliff is perhaps one of the most popular in the Lecco area. The OLD GYM is a beautiful highlight of steep slabs of excellent rock, sculpted with beautiful concretions, holes and blades, while the VALLE DEGLI ORTI sector is a long, articulated and well-cracked band with more compact sections of reglettes and drops. The relatively low technical level, the well-equipped itineraries and the scarce continuity in climbing have determined a high attendance in the past years, so much so that some routes have the rock now marbled by the innumerable passages. Overall a pleasant and entertaining site, suitable for beginners.
- Section: lombardia
- Access: Take the Milan-Lecco highway to exit at Civate. Follow the directions for San Pietro al Monte. At the end of the road, after a steep climb, you leave the car at a dirt road. Continue walking uphill along a paved road with no traffic. Pass the "Pozzo" district and the Capraio crotto. At the junction take a left and after a few hundred meters take a path on the right. At the next junction left again and soon you reach the wall in about 15 minutes.
- Crag: Civate
- N. Routes: 37
- Level: 3b/6c
- Height: 500 mt.
Exposure: South. Climbing all year.
- Gear: Excellent and abundant with resin coated jumpers.
- Rock: Very compact limestone. Often anointed. Excellent nailing with resinated taps
N 45.8282º/E 9.3280º
N 45.8287º/E 9.3354º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: Michele67: 2, moonwalker: 1, iltrex: 1,
- Biblio: We thank the portal: http://larioclimb.paolo-sonja.net - Lario Climb source of a part of the material. The portal of Paolo Vitali and Sonia Brambati hosts many other Lecchese cliffs and updates.
Add Links from Web
- Update: 03/06/2017
- Reads: 43691
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: