Gola della Rocchetta
- La Gola della Rocchetta is located just above the town of Gualdo Tadino, 1 km from the center. It is a calcareous rock crag characterized by the presence of an immense 60 m wall, made unique by a long roof of more than 3 meters of rare beauty, which obliquely cuts the imposing compact and vertical plate. The Paretone (or Big-Wall Sector) also enjoys a magnificent view of the city of Gualdo T., a view that takes on special significance especially during night climbing (a common practice among the locals of the Raboclimbing group), and on the Coda del Diavolo, one of the most evocative natural works of the Gola della Rocchetta. It is a long vertical fissure dug out of the water in the calcareous rock of the gorge, just at the point where it becomes narrower and harsher. The recent work of the locals has resulted in just 30 years of work already 30 complete routes, all with bolts and chains. The degrees of difficulty are for all tastes: we can only say that you start with the 4th but you still do not know what is the highest degree, many routes are still waiting to be released (others still being bolted!). Among the streets not to be missed, surely Essauiria: the inclined dihedral that runs parallel to the large oblique roof, developing for 33 m; it is a 6 to + very technical in the feet. '' For all detailed information consult the official website: Climbing Sport Association Gualdo Tadino
- Section: umbria
- Access: Along the Flaminia, just inside the town of Gualdo Tadino, turn into Via Giacomo Matteotti (corresponding to the Cassa di Risparmio), follow it for about 500 m. Just after the underpass, turn right to Le Fonti della Rocchetta. Climb along the entire stretch of asphalt road (about 500 m), continue for another 300 m of white road and park next to the streets of the Rabo Sector. Ten minutes of approaching on foot plus a short way to reach the Big-Wall sector. ATTENTION: The road leading to the sectors was destroyed by the rains at the end of 2013 and you can not get on with the car, to access the parking areas where the road block begins and continue on foot, 3 / 400meters of road ascent much uneven and debris to the Rabo sector, there is also the path to the BigWall.
- Crag: Gola della Rocchetta
- N. Routes: 45
- Level: 4c/V
- Height: 710 mt.
Exposure: Sun exposure of the Paretone all afternoon (good only for midseason). In the shade the Sector Rabo (A, B and C) all day (excellent summer).
- Gear: Variable. It goes from the wall resting on the vertical, from the large handles to the small notches. In any case, climbing is never trivial, especially when it comes to adhering. The overhangs are scarce. 'Attention to the second postponement of Somari. Recommended helmet under DDT.
N 43.2276º/E 12.8052º
N 43.2283º/E 12.8040º
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers: pablofreeride: 29, nonzod: 1,
- Logistic: Camper area in the city, agritourism farm friends of the local climbers group and more.
- Update: 02/07/2014
- Reads: 45111
Fonte - www.raboclimbing.it
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: