climbing in Sperlonga

Falesie - Crags

Sezione tutta dedicata a commenti, racconti, domande, informazioni sulle Falesie sparse in Italia e nel mondo.

climbing in Sperlonga

Hi there.
I`m a climber from Romania and I`m planning to go to Sperlonga in August.
Can you please give me some infos about the area?
So....can you recommand me a cheap place to stay in the area ( excepting tent) ?
How far is Grotta del Aeronauta from Gaeta?
Are there some routes in the shade? And the other sector with the easier routes, how far it is?
Can you recomand me some routes? I`m interrested in routes in the range 7b+...8a.

Anyone going there for climbing in August?

Thanks a lot
Best regards,

Ioni
Bucharest
Romania

30/07/08 @ 06:33:40

Re: climbing in Sperlonga

Hi Ioni,

Sperlonga is a wonderful area with several crags and sectors.

I am from Milan, so I am not very familiar with that place, as it is far away from my home, but I was there twice in the past and I enjoy it very much.

The only concern I have, is about the season you have chosen.
Sperlonga is a very hot place and the best sector are Sud side and in summer is full of tourists.
In my opinion, its hard to climb in Sperlonga during summer and I would like to suggest to go there, if possible, in late autumn or in winter (for the last day of the year, for example) as the weather is quite good even in deep winter season.

Anyway, for climbing the only think I would like to recommend you is to get to the Grotta degli Areonauti (think early in the morning for the hot), it's amazing and you will find routes for your grades and also easier ones in the near Approdo dei Proci crag (on the seaside).

I have attached some of the crag topos I have, they are quite old but you will be able to buy the official topo in Sperlonga.

For staying, I would like to suggest this camping:
Camping Le Dune - http://www.ledune.it/
but I don't know how is the booking in August, may be it is full.

Last think, don't forget to go to Guido il Mozzarellaro, just near the crags, you will love the Italian mozzarella and tomatoes.

Enjoy your staying in Italy.
Bye
Ale

30/07/08 @ 10:45:36

Further attachments...

30/07/08 @ 10:47:34

And the last...

30/07/08 @ 10:48:05

certo bella testa eh?

su' ' invece di dargli il link che è nello stesso sito, gli posti in allegato quello che hai scaricato da qui...

eh ... ma si era capito

30/07/08 @ 12:31:30

Buzz ha scritto:
certo bella testa eh?

su' ' invece di dargli il link che è nello stesso sito, gli posti in allegato quello che hai scaricato da qui...

eh ... ma si era capito

:lol2:

Burz for president!

31/07/08 @ 01:09:29

Buzz ha scritto:
certo bella testa eh?

eh ... ma si era capito

Grazie del complimento!

BTW, non mi ricordavo da dove li avevo scaricati e ho risposto al volo.
Poi credo che parte del materiale venga da qualche altro sito e cmq cosa cambia?

ciao ciao

05/08/08 @ 09:30:28

Mostra prima i messaggi di:

Pagina 1 di 1