The rock gym known as Vecchiano, is actually located in Avane, on the right bank of the river Serchio, and is made up of two main sectors: Baccanella and Valle dei Porci, divided by a characteristic tower well visible from the road.
Access: Reach Vecchiano. From there follow the signs to Avane. Get to the tower. The two sectors are located behind the latter. Always follow the paths being private property.
- Crag: Vecchiano - Valle dei Porci
- N. Routes: 84
- Level: 4a/7c
- Height: 50 mt.
Exposure: All year round except summer.
- Gear: From good to excellent. Chains at the stops. Few paths with old equipment, many recently closed to ferle.
- Rock: Compact limestone. Foot technique climbing. Few overhangs of strength are concentrated in the Yellow sector. For the "boulder" lovers, the Boum Boum sector. The rock is a good balance limestone, sometimes a little 'smoothed by the continuous steps that requires, for this reason, a certain apprenticeship. There are all the characteristics of limestone: drops, holes, flares, plates, pliers, reglette.
- Coordinates Precision:
- Mainteners / Best Wikiers:
- Logistic: All the land is privately owned, it is recommended not to leave the marked paths, to leave no paper or other waste and to respect as much as possible the quiet of the place avoiding inappropriate shouts.
- Update: 26/04/2017
- Reads: 64718
There are no pics in the gallery, click below to add them: