Sperlonga/Gaeta is it possible to climb?

Falesie - Crags

Sezione tutta dedicata a commenti, racconti, domande, informazioni sulle Falesie sparse in Italia e nel mondo.

Sperlonga/Gaeta is it possible to climb?

Hello. Sorry for writing this in English but my Italian is non-existent.. We'd like to climb in Sperlonga area in early May but I've been hearing about access issues e.g. some of the crags by the sea are now banned from climbing. Is that true? We'd like to spend 3 days climbing nice and long, French grade 6a - 6c routes, ideally close to the sea. Will it be possible?
Thanks!

15/03/14 @ 13:42:31

Re: Sperlonga/Gaeta is it possible to climb?

Yes, some of the crags are close, expecially on the beach,

You may climb on: Monte Moneta

and on:

Spiaggia di S.Agostino

There are also many camping or other accomodation near the wall.

15/03/14 @ 15:49:45

euromike ha scritto:
Hello. Sorry for writing this in English but my Italian is non-existent.. We'd like to climb in Sperlonga area in early May but I've been hearing about access issues e.g. some of the crags by the sea are now banned from climbing. Is that true? We'd like to spend 3 days climbing nice and long, French grade 6a - 6c routes, ideally close to the sea. Will it be possible?
Thanks!

French grade 6a - 6c, in sperlonga area: you need 3 weeks to climb some of the best lines, not 3 days. It could just be very hot in may, depending on the year and the weather. The only place where climbing is forbidden actually is the crag called "approdo dei proci" (the only bad crag in all the area, cause it's on the beach and the rock is often sandy and wet) near the big cave (not forbidden). Have fun with a couple of thousands of wonderful pitches just in front of the sea.
😊

16/03/14 @ 20:01:11

Thanks for the replies! I've booked our trip now.

17/03/14 @ 15:42:13

Mostra prima i messaggi di:

Pagina 1 di 1