Looking for climbing partner in Rome

Appuntamenti - Meetings

Forum per organizzare scalate insieme. In questa sezione puoi trovare compagni di arrampicata per organizzare le tue escursioni su palestre di roccia e Falesie

Looking for climbing partner in Rome

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a climbing partner/group in the Rome area who frequently venture(s) outdoors for sport climbing, hiking or alpin climbing.

I am a native German who has grown up climbing in Saxony Switzerland (close to Dresden). Recently, I moved to Rome for work and really would enjoy exploring the climbing opportunities close to Rome.(Lazio, Umbria, Abruzzo)

Sorry, for my current lack of Italian. I am trying to pick it up quickly.

All the best,

Karsten

26/07/12 @ 17:16:05

Re: Looking for climbing partner in Rome

Hallo Karsten,

Hopefully you've settled into Rome well. I'll be visiting my sister in Rome from Oct 26-Nov8 and hoping to get some climbing in. I'm hoping to climb either at Ciampino or even indoors.

Would you be interesting in going climbing sometime (although I will most likely be limited to the weekdays)? If not, maybe you can give me some advice or connect me with some climbing partners/group? I am unfamiliar with the area and particularly with climbing in/around Rome.

(Ich spreche keine Italienisch, aber ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.)

Regards,
Susan

25/10/12 @ 15:15:06

Hello both, karsten and susan, I have just posted a message looking for a partenr to be climbing with on weekdays in the mornings.
I have got a car and I know crags around rome quite well,
Only in the mornings of weekdays though!
cheers
beppe

25/10/12 @ 15:27:35

Hi Karsten,

komme aus der Schweiz und bin arbeitstechnisch ein Jahr hier in Rome. Kletter so bis 7a. Kenne schon einige Klettergebiete hier in der Gegend. Kannst dich ja mal melden.

Kind Regards / 亲切的问候

siggi

25/10/12 @ 18:01:20

beppe70 ha scritto:
Hello both, karsten and susan, I have just posted a message looking for a partenr to be climbing with on weekdays in the mornings.
I have got a car and I know crags around rome quite well,
Only in the mornings of weekdays though!
cheers
beppe

That will be perfect for me. Don't know if that works for Siggi.

Just to warn you though, I'm quite new to climbing. I've only been climbing since the start of this year and can count on one hand the number of times I've climbed outdoors. Indoors, I'm climbing at around 5.10b (6a?). My last outdoor trip, just last weekend, was the first time I led.

I've brought only the basic gear, plus 5 quickdraws. No rope. No helmet.

Where are you located? I am in the area close to the MAXXI museum. Just arrived today so I'll PM you once I have a better idea of what my schedule will look like (hopefully once I talk to my sister). Thanks!

26/10/12 @ 16:39:33

Hi Karsten h
how do you do??

30/10/12 @ 17:53:45

Im' nunzio's friend you remeber me??

30/10/12 @ 17:54:29

RiccardoCLIMBING ha scritto:
Im' nunzio's friend you remeber me??

I wrote to him directly since he did not seem to be following this thread and Karsten has moved back to Germany.

30/10/12 @ 23:50:22

ok thenk you

31/10/12 @ 08:16:51

Mostra prima i messaggi di:

Pagina 1 di 1